Thursday, November 12, 2009

Clarke set to return to action



Australia vice-captain Michael Clarke is set to play his first domestic one-day match in three years as he begins his return from a debilitating back injury.

Clarke resumed batting this week after receiving the all-clear from Australian team physio Alex Kountouris following a three-month lay off.

The 28-year-old now hopes to play in the Blues' Ford Ranger Cup match against Tasmania at North Sydney Oval on Sunday followed by the Sheffield Shield clash against the Tigers from Tuesday.

If he pulls through those two matches, Clarke will have no hesitation declaring himself fit for the first Test against the West Indies in Brisbane from November 26.

"I had a light bat on Monday and Tuesday and my back's feeling good. It's improved over the past two weeks," Clarke said.

"Fingers crossed I'll be right for this Sunday and the four-dayer."

"I'd love to play both but I will have to wait and see. I'm pretty confident it will pull up okay."

Stage 2 is about to commence with new game rules and transfer deadlines, Start picking your 11 and win Great Prizes!

While Clarke's bowling days may be over - or at least numbered - he has no long-term concerns over his back.

"I don't think it will have an impact on when my career finishes," he said.

"I'm certain I will be able to bat, bowl and field as I have so far in my career."

Clarke has played little domestic cricket over the past few seasons due to his international commitments but is relishing the chance to pull on the blue strip on Sunday.

NSW may also have the services of comeback paceman Brett Lee and Australian one-day squad members Shane Watson, Doug Bollinger and Nathan Hauritz.

Watson, Hauritz and Bollinger have just returned from Australia's successful one-day campaign in India

"It's been a while. It's good to have the Blues' training gear back on," Clarke said of his possible return on Sunday.

"I'd love to get back out there for NSW and hopefully score some runs for the boys."

As for the chances of Lee, Watson, Bollinger and Hauritz joining him, Clarke replied: "I guess that will be looked at individually."

"The boys will have to wait and see how they feel. A lot of the guys have played a fair bit of cricket and might want a week of no cricket time, but some of the boys might want to play."

"It will come down to how they're feeling individually and what the selectors and Ricky and the coach think is in their best interest."

The Blues, comfortable winners over Western Australia in their first FRC match, will finalise their line-up on Saturday.

Tasmania has replaced Brady Jones with Rhett Lockyear following a disappointing batting collapse against Queensland last game, with Travis Burt taking on wicket-keeping duties.

The Tigers will be looking to bounce back from their 24-run defeat at the hands of the Bulls, the loss of four key wickets for just 13 runs midway through the run chase proving critical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like this website?

Pages

Popular Posts

Welcome Users IF you Have any Doubts or Complain About my Website please contact here syedshakeer8@gmail.com everything is copyright. If some posts u didnt like email me I will removed that things or Pics Thanks For Co-operate with us.

  ©Template by Copyright 2009.